There’s a lot to remember when running a small business. Here’s a few simple suggestions to help make a big difference;
- Keep an accurate and up to date accounting file. This will ensure you always know your business’s current position and it will assist in decision making
- Manage your time effectively. Make use of a calendar or diary to plan your day, week or month. This will make sure your activities are planned and helps make sure nothing is missed while keeping tasks on schedule
- Don’t be afraid to ask for and seek assistance when required. No matter how big or small the problem is, solving it at its inception is the quickest and easiest solution.
- Make sure you’re as accessible as possible. This includes having reliable and timely contact information available to existing and potential customers and clients re phone, email, website and social media. This will allow people to access information about you in the way they feel most comfortable.
- Look at increasing your business’s public exposure. This can include networking through everyday activities, getting involved in local community events and offering give always and promotions.