The Victorian Government (through Agriculture Victoria of the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (Agriculture Victoria) is offering a rebate to drought affected farmers who invest in urgently-needed on-farm water infrastructure that addresses animal welfare needs.
It provides a one-off, 25% rebate, up to $25,000 excluding GST, to eligible primary producers.
To assist with the purchase & installation of much needed on-farm water infrastructure, for animal welfare & drought resilience.
The Scheme is available to eligible farm businesses in the following Local Government Areas:
Farming businesses outside of the above areas can apply, if they can demonstrate a need, and this will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Water Infrastructure must be purchased and installed for a genuine emergency, animal welfare or for maintaining existing permanent horticultural plantings and to improve drought resilience.
Eligible water infrastructure includes:
- Water storage devices such as tanks and troughs associated with stock watering
- Water pumps
- Permanent repairs to fixed infrastructure (e.g. repair piping)
- Drilling of new stock water bores and associated power supply such as generators, desalination plants
- Desilting works of existing stock and domestic dams, where you can demonstrate that area of the property does not have access to suitable groundwater
- Other materials or equipment necessary to install the above excluding purchase of machinery
- Any freight component to purchase and install the equipment
- The professional installation costs to install the water infrastructure.
Permanent Horticultural Plantings
Eligible water infrastructure for permanent horticultural plantings includes:
- Drilling of new horticulture groundwater bores
- Desilting dams
Press here for more information.